Are you shocked I'm back so soon?? Because I am! It is Thanksgiving night ... our friends and family just left a while ago, I got the house cleaned up, Lucy is chillin' on my bed, snuggled up with her blankie and her milk (exhausted after running around with Collin all day!), and I'm just sitting here looking at my dining room table (and my little attempt at being crafty today), thinking about all of the many things I have to be thankful for.
Here's the short list:
1) I am so thankful for a husband who more-or-less NEVER complains ... yet listens to me doing so almost constantly. I'm terrible. I know it. At least I can admit it. And I'm thankful that he peeled most of the (10 lbs) of potatoes for me last night (have I ever told you how much I HATE peeling potatoes??). AND he got up every 2.5 hours all night long to stoke the fire that was smoking the turkey. What a guy! :-)
2) I am thankful for wonderful women in my family who are great examples of doing for and thinking of others, each in their own unique ways.
3) I am thankful for some of the best friends anyone could ask for ... like Therese - who doesn't think twice about sitting in a car with me for 8 hours in one day to go to the nasty ghetto that is Coos Bay - all for a volleyball game that we didn't win - and somehow managed to make that day enjoyable. Or Sherry - who bought me a ginormous box of "Fair Scone Mix" at Costco just because she knows that the scones are my FIRST stop at the fair every year, and I LOVE them. Or Mick - who can come (with her family) to my house for Thanksgiving dinner with my (interesting) family - and it feels like she belongs there. I truly don't know what I would do without my friends. They keep me going ... and smiling. :-)
4) I am thankful to live in this beautiful place - my house, my property, my small town. I love it all, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
5) I am thankful for my precious Lucy, who makes doing anything worthwhile. What a blessing she is every day!
6) And most of all, I am thankful for my awesome God, who has blessed me with EVERYthing I have - even though I don't deserve any of it.
There is a sign in my office that says "Count Your Blessings". I was looking at that last night, and before I went to sleep, I tried doing that ... until I realized there are just too many to count! How fortunate I am to have all that I need ... and even all that I want. So it is important today - and every day - to GIVE THANKS.