It is crazy to realize how far her language and vocabulary have come in such a short time .... she seems to get exponentially smarter every day!
(And yes, I might be a little biased:)~
Check out what my little chick has been sayin' lately .....
- "Be careful with me!" ... (she says this a LOT) - any time we're doing something with her that might "hurt" - like brushing her hair, putting on shoes, getting her dressed, .... even picking her up! It is hilarious!
- While eating her lunch one day, I overheard this conversation: "Thank you, Lucy for feeding me! .... (pause) .... You're welcome, tummy!"
- She was telling some farfetched story the other day, and I said "I think you're a storyteller!" to which she replied, "I'm not a storyteller! I'm Wucy-Woooooooo!"(in wolf-howling style!).
- When she had a cold (or allergies?) a week ago and kept sneezing, she said "I keep bless-you-ing, Mama!" .... and later, "I need to snort my nose!"
- Stella (our wonderful and amazing dog) has been shedding like crazy (now that it's finally acting like summer around here!), and the other day, I was brushing her - and, of course, fur was flying everywhere! Lucy says, "Uh-oh, Mama ... Stella's fedders are falling off!" (and then she proceeded to pick up chunks of fur and try to reattach them to Stella!).
- She randomly says, "When I was a little girl, ________" or "I used to _______ when I was a little girl" all the time ..... someone please tell me she's still a little girl!?! :)~
- In her most pathetic-sounding voice, "My feewings are hurt ..... I need a bandage." (yes, we now call them bandages instead of band-aids:)~
- "I need to brush my teeth! I have cooties on them!"
- The other day, Scott asked her if she wanted to go down to the pond to go fishing with him. She said, "I wanna go fishing with you, Dada .... but I don't have a fish pole!"
- And finally, one of her favorite things to tell Scott when he gets home from work now .... "(sigh) I had a rough day."
|It looks like a rough day, doesn't it? :)~|