The day has FINALLY arrived!
This has been a L---O---N---G process. I started working on this room (our former "office") over three months ago ..... and TRANSFORMATION is an understatement! (At least I think so!)
WARNING: This is going to be a L---O---N---G post, too. It's taken me about five years to write it .... OK, maybe five hours. But bottom line - it's taken quite a while, because 1) there is a LOT to show, 2) I want to make sure to show it ALL, and 3) I am so darn excited about this room, I just can't stop talking about it!!!
So, without further adieu .... here's a sneak peak:
Because I LOVE!
And to give you an idea of WHY I might love this space so much -- let me just show you what my "office" looked like before:
So back in April, I began the process of transforming my "office" into my "MOM CAVE" (and by that, I mean an oasis for ME -- a room full of the things I love, space to work on my projects, an organized place for everything, and lots of vintage-esque "ME" style!).
To read back over some of the beginning stages of my Mom Cave Makeover, click HERE.
And now, for the grand tour of the Mom Cave .... I'm going to show you ALL of the (many) pictures first, and then I'll break down the components, piece by piece, at the end!
|(There's my super-cute, custom Little Lucy Lu bag from Nest of Posies!)|
1. Three-tiered wire basket (like this one) that I purchased online. (Mine was a little less expensive, but that company has sold out of them, so I linked a site that has them available.)
2. Linen storage boxes from IKEA ($12.99).
3. Baskets from Target (and homemade chalkboard tags that I'll tell you about in a future post).
4. Shelves and brackets from IKEA (which you can read about from my previous post HERE ... and yes, I painted them AGAIN!).
5. Metal storage buckets and rods from IKEA (also from a previous post).
6. Tool box that I made (and will tell you about in a future post).
7. Work table that I made (almost) by myself! (and chair/slipcover from Pier 1)
8. Bird house planter box functioning as my "sewing kit".
9. CREATE letters - random letters I collected and embellished (which you can read about in a future post).
1. An old rusty windmill that I "built" on the wall (I'll tell you about this in a future post SOON!).
2. Shelves from IKEA that I painted (4 times!) and used for lots of great storage!
3. CREATE - random letters I found and embellished (future post).
4. Old wooden cubby I purchased last weekend at the big Barn House sale! (sweet!)
5. Work table I built myself. (Find out how to DIY HERE!)
6. Chair and slip cover from Pier 1. (You can read about it HERE!)
7. An old wire basket I painted, added burlap "ribbon" to, and hung on the wall to hold my favorite inspirational magazines.
8. An old shutter on top of two basic craft store cubbies, stained and connected to make a unique side table. (Look for more of this in a future post!)
9. Galvanized tub full of coloring books, art supplies, and a few toys .... to keep Lucy busy when she joins me in the Mom Cave (and she frequently does! :-)
10. Old locker baskets, purchased from a local antique mall, add vintage charm and useful storage.
11. Rusty old garden globe, purchased from a local antique mall, and hung from the ceiling -- just because!
12. An old gold mirror, transformed into a framed chalkboard (you can see that project HERE!).
13. My childhood desk and chair, which I gave a complete makeover back HERE.
14. Bulletin board and magnetic chalkboard, made from an old screen (complete with homemade number magnets!) (Read all about that project HERE!)
15. Old tin ceiling tiles, painted and hung on the wall.
16. Old wood shelf, painted and used as my "mailbox".
I feel like I just showed you the last three months of my life, all in one post!
(Probably because that's what I've been DOING for the last three months of my life! :)~
And I can tell you, it has been SO worth the time and effort .... I'm already spending every spare minute in my "Mom Cave" .... and it makes me happy. :-)
*If there is something specific you'd like to know more about or if you have a question about anything in my Mom Cave, just let me know in the comments, and I will do my best to answer your questions!
And be sure to look for several upcoming posts that highlight the "projects" in my space that haven't been posted previously .... like the rusty old windmill on the wall!
Thanks for reading along, for your encouragement, and for making this adventure even more fun than it would have otherwise been! :-)
**Linking up at Home Stories A to Z ... and other places. :-)