I've got a new Pinterest board designated to Crock Pot Recipes (called Crazy for Crock Pots) .... because, this time of year - the crock pot just works for me. I have less time to cook -- plus, most of the crock pot recipes I know are good ol' classic comfort food.
It is SO nice to come home on a chilly, rainy Fall evening and have dinner all ready!
THIS recipe is not actually on my Pinterest board (although it might be after today!), but it is SIMPLE and GOOD, so I wanted to share it with you!
It's just like pulled pork ..... except it's chicken. And it doesn't take anywhere near as much time (or manual labor!) to make. (Trust me, I made pulled pork for a Super Bowl party last year, and it took FOR. EVER.)
(Sorry, in the morning, I don't have a lot of time to stop and take photos along the way.)
6 chicken breasts (mine were frozen solid)
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 cup Italian dressing
2 T worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup dehydrated onions (or you could use fresh, chopped)
salt and pepper
1. Place (frozen) chicken breasts in crock pot and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and onions.
2. Combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, worcestershire, and brown sugar .... whisk together.
3. Pour sauce over chicken breasts, cover, and cook on low for approximately 6 hours (less if the chicken is not frozen!)
4. Using two forks, shred chicken while in the pot -- (it's a little tricky at first, but it will be nice and tender and fall apart easily).
5. Turn off heat and let the chicken and sauce sit and thicken for 30 minutes (or more).
6. Serve on your favorite buns (I topped mine with sliced provolone and tomatoes, too!).
This makes a LOT of servings ... I would say at least 8-10.
Great for a large group!
Eat .... and be merry! :-)