She's stayed overnight with her Nana several times, but it's always been when Scott and I were gone for a night or two ... never when we were actually home!
Let me just say, it felt VERY strange.
I had 24 FREE hours (minus 4 hours at work).
So ... what did I do (or not do) with all my spare time, you ask?
* I watched something other than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Bubble Guppies, and Elmo on TV.
* I ate my dinner while it was still warm.
* I did not wipe down a 10 foot radius surrounding the dining table after every meal.
* I did not pick up toys and books (over and over).
* I did not clean up any "accidents" (this darn potty training is going to be the death of me, I tell ya!)
* I stayed in bed until 8:30 (pretty sure this is close to a life-long record for me).
* I took a shower when I felt like it instead of when I had a chance to.
* I showered for longer than 3 minutes.
* I shaved both legs.
* I blow dried my hair all the way.
* I went grocery shopping alone and took my sweet time (and three store employees asked me where my helper was:-).
* And ....
I missed my little snuggle buddy like crazy!
I was SO happy when Aunt Stephie brought her home.
|AND she just learned how to sit criss-cross-applesauce. (Sorry, people ... I'm a kindergarten teacher - that's what we call it!)|
Please stop time now.