It was SUNNY!
And not just sunny ... but WARM!
Like, we're talking 80 degrees WARM!
(Thank you, Lord!)
Here's what happens around here when we get two days of sunshine:
- I actually want to get out of bed in the morning. (I know. Profound. Pathetic? Probably.)
- My house gets cleaned.
- My laundry gets folded.
- The yard gets mowed.
- The garden gets planted.
- The weeds get pulled.
- The lilacs start to bloom.
- Lucy spends at least 8 hours a day outside (and loves it!).
- My toes see the light of day ... hello, flip-flops! I've missed you dearly.
- I get to go shopping without my raincoat or my umbrella.
- I get to wear sunglasses! (If you follow me on Facebook, you saw that picture already!:)~
- The patio furniture gets to come out of hiding.
- We barbeque and eat out on the deck. TWICE.
- Daddy/daughter fishing trip down at the pond.
It was heaven.
And in other words .....
I got more done in two days than I have in the last two weeks.
Okay, probably two months.
We may not get a whole lot of nice days for 8 months out of the year .... but let me tell you, when we do? We sure do appreciate them!
Lucy, enjoying her strawberries on the deck ...
And sharing with Stella! :-)
Chasing Daddy and the lawn mower around ....
Until he finally lets her on....
and lets her drive!
We're headed for 80 degrees again today .... I'm thinking an extra-long recess is in store for my kinder cuties this afternoon .... :-)
Yes, my blogging is still a little sparse lately.
And no, I still haven't shared my other story like I mentioned I might do today. I will soon. I promise.
I think you'll forgive me after you hear it.